Sunday, July 30, 2006

This month, we're planning on getting someone to come in and do the floors in our front landing, upstairs hallway, finish the stairs, and finally, Sadie's room. Under the linoleum and particle-board sub-floors at the front landing, I found some very old linoleum. Our house was built in 1882, and I don't know that it would be that old, but by the look of it, I would say it was put in before 1920...


We're not sure whether we want to clean it up and show it, or put new hardwood over top of it, but in any case, it was a very neat discovery.

And just to avoid angry emails and comments from grandparents, here's a picture of Sadie. No new ones in the past few days, so here is one from her birthday... how much she has grown already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love that flooring. i would be tempted to keep it..but i dunno what to tell you.
cute pic of sadie. she is still just as cute!

7:18 AM  
Blogger grannygwen49 said...

Well, you either have me laughing or crying!!! The "matador" photo still brings smiles, and I think you must have a healthy sense of self- esteem to post that for all to see!!!!!! Then the photo of Sadie on her birth-day - how I remember the l-o-n-g 3 hr. drive into Wpg. - the anticipation and the curiosity as to what she would look like - and the intense feeling of love and belonging when we first laid eyes on her ... gotta go cause I can't see to type.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

The old lino discovery is cool, but I think I'd still go for hardwood...
Wow, Sadie's grown so much already - I wish I could tell you when we're going to come and visit, but I just have no idea. We're thinking we may just wait until fall or even Christmas, after the baby's born. We're starting to save up airmiles so we don't have to drive...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home